Ebook Readers Now Make It Possible To Carry A Whole Library
As the way people gather and access knowledge changes, so are books. Ebook readers now make it possible to carry a whole library of knowledge in the palm of your hand. While paper books are not going away anytime soon, book readers offer many advantages and are here to stay.
Advantages of ebook readers include:
- The ability to carry many books and access them at any time.
- Access to many free books
- Books are generally cheaper.
- No need for bookmarks since the last page read is automatically saved.
- Depending on the reader, one-handed reading is generally easier since there is no need to keep the book open.
- No need to store books after they are read (there is only a small file, and many services allow purchased books to be stored in the cloud indefinitely).
- Graphics and other interactive features can be included in the books. This is especially useful with children’s books.
Disadvantages of ebook readers
- It is more difficult, and sometimes impossible, to share or sell a book after you have read it.
- Paper books offer the easiest random access.
- Some people simply like the feeling of reading from paper better.
Ebooks are not for everyone, but their advantages outweigh the drawbacks for most. The features and functions of digital book readers are only going to expand. In the end, most people are likely to have these ebook readers regardless of their preferences in books.